Secretary of State
Your State ID CardProducts Brown Id Zn1u0000ts Single-side Grey Card Printer - Evolis uk Zenius Amazon co Office
The Department of State offers the state identification card in a standard and enhanced version. The enhanced ID is an attractive alternative to the standard ID because it allows you to re-enter the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or the Caribbean without the need to show additional identity or citizenship documents at the border.
If you are in the U.S. and have temporary legal presence, you will be issued a limited-term state ID card. A limited term ID card is valid for only as long as you are authorized to be in the country. Limited-term ID cards are not available in the enhanced version.
Applying for an Enhanced State ID card
Id Vertical com Unintended News Local Consequences Has Ban Complete the following steps if you wish to upgrade your standard state ID card to an enhanced version or to apply for an enhanced ID as your first ID. (Note: You cannot possess both a standard driver's license and an enhanced state ID card.)
- You must be a U.S. citizen and a Michigan resident
Please note: When applying for an enhanced state ID card, your first and last name and date of birth on your identity and citizenship documents should match. If your current legal name is different from what is shown on your citizenship document, you must present lawful proof of the name change, such as an original marriage license, divorce decree or court order.
- Visit any Secretary of State office. Make sure you bring documentation of:
- A valid Social Security number (for example, a Social Security card)
- U.S. citizenship (for example, a certified copy of your birth certificate with a raised seal, must be issued by a governmental unit in the U.S. or U.S. territory)
- Identity (for example, a current Michigan photo license or ID card.) If you do not have a license or state ID card, or if the applicant is a minor, there are other forms of ID that can be accepted as proof of identity. Please refer to the Documents Required for an Enhanced License or ID form or complete details.
- Residency (for example, a current Michigan photo license or ID card.) If you do not have a license or state ID card, or if the applicant is a minor, there are other types of documents that can be accepted as proof of residency. Please refer to the Documents Required for an Enhanced License or ID form for complete details.
- Have a new photograph taken
- Pay the enhanced state ID card fee
All documentation is subject to Department of State approval. In some cases, document approval may not occur in the same day and may require an additional visit.
Your standard or enhanced state ID card is valid for up to four years and should arrive in the mail within two to three weeks.
Related Documents & Topics
> Documents Required for a Standard License or ID
> Documents Required for an Enhanced License or ID
Free Download - Polaroid Enhanced Maker Card Id Software > Where to Apply for an Enhanced License or ID
> Enhanced and Standard State ID Card Fees
> U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Requirements for Residents on Vacation